Saturday, April 2, 2011

ALL IT TOOK WAS A PINT

For years and years I struggled with one thing being a man....no not the size of my penis the fact that I hated beer. I kept trying to like the taste and every Friday night I would inevitably fail! I tried Coors light, bud light, miller light all the usual suspects and eventually I turned to whiskey as my drink of choice. That is until the day the world turned for me and I discovered what had been missing from my beer. The one key ingredient that was missing was flavor and on a cold day in Ireland I found the answer. I went to Ireland in search of great whiskey and came away in love with its darker treasure Guinness. I will never forget the first time I walked into the Temple Bar area of Dublin and ordered my first Guinness. I was sure I wouldn't like it as I was on a hunt for whiskey. As the full body flavor poured over my lips, it was like kissing a girl for the first time. I knew I liked it and I wanted more. The beer age for me had begun, and the moment I got up from that bar stool I knew my life had changed. For the past 6 years I have been on a search to discover the world of beer and these are just of few of the stories...





A NEW DRINKING BUDDY


It was a cold December night and my buddy Preston and I were talking about World War 2 and the conversation quickly turned from history to beer. After that conversation there was only one logical place to go, and that was Germany. There was just one problem! I had just met a girl named Jessica. We had only been dating a few weeks but secretly I knew it was the girl I would marry, mostly because she wasn't afraid to try new things. I knew she would make the perfect companion on my quest to taste the beers of the world.  She has tasted many beers and traveled the world with me, and together we want to share those experiences with the world, or the three people who will actually read this thing. We call it..."A Six Pack of Stories"

Cheers!
-Bryan 





2 comments:

  1. Y'all are hilarious! Beer blogging who'd a thunk it??!! More more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Yea! We have a reader! Love you Leslie!

    ReplyDelete